17th Street is proud to join Jason Borte Surf School and Billabong Surf Camps for another exciting summer of surfing. Jason has been operating fun, safe, and informative camps in Virginia Beach longer than anyone. In addition to being an East Coast Professional champion, he is a middle school teacher and author (he wrote Pipe Dreams, the story of eleven-time world champion Kelly Slater) and the quintessential "how-to" on the sport, The Kook's Guide to Surfing). He has passed his love of the ocean to thousands of students and remains dedicated to producing responsible, competent watermen and women.
The Surf School...Supplying stoke since 1997. Sign up today online.
The Surf School presents an exciting curriculum focusing on water safety, ocean awareness, and surfing fundamentals. The camp venue in Virginia Beach provides a safe, friendly atmosphere that is ideal for beginner and intermediate surfers. The Surf School’s proven methods allow students to learn at their own pace, building confidence and proficiency at each level. Campers spend the week in small peer groups where they progress from paddling, to standing up, to riding the line, and beyond. The experienced, CPR-certified staff ensures ample individual instruction. Learning to enjoy the "Sport of Hawaiian Kings" has never been
- Use of a soft surfboard and Billabong wetsuit
- 1:4 Instructor/Student ratio
- Goody bag (camp tee shirt, magazine, poster, stickers, discount card)
- Professional surf photography
- End of camp party presented by 17th Street Surf Shop
- Location – Check-in is on the boardwalk at 4th Street. Camps and lessons take place at the Virginia Beach oceanfront between 4th and 5th Street.
- Requirements – Due to the unpredictable nature of the ocean, it is MANDATORY that every student know how to swim. Minimum age to participate is seven years.
- What to bring – Surfboards and wetsuits will be provided. Please bring a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, and a snack.
- Refund Policy – Tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. Refunds will be issued (minus a $50 processing fee) if requested at least one week prior to the start
- Inclement Weather Policy – In the event of thunderstorms, severe weather, or dangerous surf, camp will be cancelled. We will make every effort to provide make-up
Shop for Billabong Products online at 17th Street Surf Shop
NOW REGISTERING FOR SUMMER 2012
For more info go to www.thesurfschool.com
or contact Jason Borte – email@example.com or (757) 285-9277